Purpose of an emergency plan
Explanation of basic terms
Steps in setting up an emergency plan
Step 1: Identification
- chemical explosion
- spillage or release of materials that are corrosive, toxic, flammable, or carcinogenic
Step 2: Prevention.
Step 3: Emergency plan.
- outline the categories and environmental impacts (step 1)
- define preventive measures (step 2)
- provide contact information to key personnel (on-site & off-site)
- identify the location of appropriate technical data and emergency equipment (site layout)
- highlight any special instructions or actions
- identify and provide names of people trained in first aid